Saturday 28 July 2007

Linda Noel

FU interviewed new model Linda Noel aka Loverhomiefriend who told us about her forthcoming Calender, Film roles and her plans to start a management agency.

What made you want to model?
Ummm... Firstly I'm 5'10 so that helped, plus, I think I've got the right features and body type. As a Taurus I've always been into dancing, clothes, modeling, music and so on. I did performing arts so it was always in me, I just needed the right time to get it out...lol

Have you always been one of those people who just loves to be in front of the camera (or mirror) posing?
Yeah defo, lol (at home) I just never had the confidence to it it until now.

What jobs have you done so far?
When I signed with 831 Females [Model Agency] they got me a casting for Joint Effects video shoot 'Summertime' I had a great time. We did the shoot in a mansion by the sea, everyone worked really hard that day, and everyone was beautiful. Then I did 'Let it Go' Featuring Jukkie Mundo, D-Power, Fumin, Top Cat. I had a great experience on set, they were very professional and treated us with the up most respect. I then went on to do a video with BMD, RIBS, SKRILLS and Gappy Ranks, 'Punchline'

Before I did any of these I was very shy, (Which you would never believe because normally I'm very out going) but in different atmosphere's your character changes. Doing this work helped me gain more confidence and now I'm raring to go!

What’s the best job you’ve been on?
So far the 'Let it Go' Video shoot, it was wicked. Plus the tune is tough

What do you do when you’re not modelling?
As well as looking after my daughter Cereece who's 6, myself and my friends K Levels and Prestige (who also model) are currently developing our own calender and working towards starting up our own management company in the near future.

Who is your favourite model, do you aspire to be like any model in particular?
I would have to say that would be Emily Rose, who has helped me a lot and given me a lot of advice, she is a lovely girl and very beautiful. Rachel Ritfeld is beautiful too so is Melissa Ford. But I don't want to be like anyone, I just want to be remembered for being me.

What type of modelling would you never do?
Naked!!!!!!!!!

Obviously models have to have a tight body, what do you do to keep in shape?
I dance a lot that's mainly it...but i do need to join a gym lol

Do you think it’s harder for black models to get jobs over here (in the UK) than it is in America, Why do you think this is?
Its hard for a certain type of black girl to get jobs out here. In America all shades of black are considered as beautiful, but out here people seem to have a preference for one particular type.

Most people think that being a model is an easy job, they don’t realize that it’s a lot of hard work and new models face a lot of criticism and rejection are you ready for that?
Yeah, you get that through your whole life both inside and outside the workplace, it will only make u stronger. People hate what they fear and wish they could be.

There’s loads of girls who want to be the next top model how do you stand out, obviously your Fabulous and Undiscovered but what makes you so different?
I'm me, I don't front. I'm hard working and I'm not your average chick. I strive to be seen in a different light....

Who would you like to work with in the future?
Apple bottom Jeans, Gucci and any British clothing brand who are looking for a different sort of model...me lol

What’s next for you/any projects in the pipeline?
Well, I went for the auditions for KOJO's Angel's and got that so I will be featuring in a black history month calender and also a short film with HGE Model Management. Other than this I just want to work as hard as possible to feature in a high fashion magazine or a billboard.


Watch Linda in the new Joint Effects video for 'Summertime'



For more info on Linda go to:



No comments: