Thursday 26 July 2007

Midnight Butterfly

FU interviewed well travelled new model Leah a.k.a Midnight_Butterfly who is not just a pretty face. With fashion shoots, International launches and a book on the way Midnight Butterfly is soon to be a huge star. So remember the face as FU thinks we will be seeing her everywhere very soon.

What you do?
Well, Well I’m an international girl born and raised in the Caribbean, then lived in Brazil. I have lived in London for about 5 years. I work in the city as a junior property manager. It’s a great well paid job, so I’m continuing my blessings there.

I’m also an up and coming model being involved in good quality music videos, fashion shows, fashion shoots, launches, magazine spreads etc. I have a few projects underway for the end of this year and into 2008 which will be targeted for the British population, Brazil and also back home in the Caribbean. Apart from those two things, I enjoy singing, painting and am currently writing a book.

How did you get your start?
I was initially approached by an up and coming modelling agency in London, and was asked to be one of their 11 exclusive girls. After a week or so, I had other offers and interest in London and strangely enough, from the USA just from regular shots. Since then I've been networking and making friends with some of these people. You haven’t seen ANYTHING yet! So all support will be appreciated.

For my career in property, I was just fortunate enough to be offered that position when I had originally applied for something not as high up as that. The job I’ve got now is what I wanted to work and progress to, as its not an easy position to get. I’m just lucky I guess. You need to keep pushing and looking for what you want to get it. Especially in the UK where there are so many things to pull you back and discourage you.

Who are our inspirations?
Umm, that would have to be my mother. Its amazing what the wrath of a mother can do to you as a child. She gives great advice and is always there to encourage me, or say what she really thinks. She’s strong, independent, hardworking, and a great role model for me and my siblings. I’m just blessed she’s my mom and that we were all born and raised in the Caribbean.


Why are you so unique?
I'm Genuine, Friendly, Polite, Down to earth and I'm multi talented. In the fashion and entertainment industry there are zillions of great looking girls and guys, but many have a big attitude, vanity, selfishness, materialistic and all sorts. I’m not into all of that, to me, I’m just having fun and enjoying what comes my way. After a shoot or video, I'll happily go out with the girls and guys involved and grab a bite to eat and talk about the silliest things. I’m just normal.
It's not something I can really put to words...once you get to know me well, you see what I mean.

What are your future plans?
Well, I’ve got a lot on and in progress.
*Clothing line
*Book,
*Shoots
*International launch
So much I couldn’t say. But along the way it would be nice to have people drop by and say hi or show some support.

To find out more about Midnight Butterfly or to contact her for any up and coming projects, fashion/artistic photo shoots, music videos, magazines, interviews etc go to:

http://www.myspace.com/urban__chick (with 2 underscores)

No comments: