Sunday 2 September 2007

Boys in the Hood

FU spoke to Boys in the Hoods CEO Linda who told us why she decided to start an all male model management company.
“The reason I started my management company is because I wanted to focus on something other then my modelling. Also I was trying to get my brother to model, but he didn't want to have any one but me managing him, so I thought as I’m getting a lot of links myself why don't I just start up my company now, sign my brother and get the ball rolling. Plus my friend is a model and a photographer so that made the decision even easier” -Linda Clare-Noel
Linda decided on the name Boys in the Hood as she thought this best described the look of her models as they’re just like the boy next door .Although they are not the stereotypical pretty boy models they all have a uniqueness which makes them stand out in such a competitive industry.
“My aim is to help models out there who might be a little different or not as commercial as some and to be one of the first male originated urban model management agencies to bring a sexy, street model to the scene.” -Linda-Clare Noel
Because of the many female and mixed model agencies saturating the market, Linda decided to focus on one category and take the male model route to try and open up the male model market and be remembered for doing so. Also as males are a lot more laid back she felt this would make her job easier:
“Like I said in my other interview I like to think outside the box. Plus I work better with men and I believe that it is a lot less stress, lol” -Linda-Clare Noel
CEO Linda stresses that Boys in the Hood, is not like your average company looking to just hire people and make money, they care about their models. Unlike other agencies Boys in the Hoods models are not just one dimensional and CEO Linda is happy to promote their other skills such as rapping, DJ-ing, Writing and Designing:
“I'm looking to expand my knowledge of the business and meet people who are interested in working with me. It is not going to be just one sided, but built into an empire and a family” Linda-Clare Noel



Boys in the Hood
C.E.O Linda-Clare Noel
Co-Manager-Photographer Kelly-Ann Taylor
P.A Sophina Wilson
If you think you have what it take to join Boys in the Hood or if you would like to hire a Boys in the Hood model :



Also for photography go to:
www.myspace.com/klevelsphotography

No comments: